Hamilton Tickets in Providence: Everything You Need to Know
We got the scoop on the $10 daily lottery, in-person ticket purchases and how to buy online.
Hamilton is here!
Well, not exactly. The touring show, a hip hop musical created by genius Lin Manuel Miranda that chronicles the life and career of founding father Alexander Hamilton, runs July 23 to August 11 at the Providence Performing Arts Center.
But the tickets are here, and that’s almost as exciting. Next weekend, PPAC is opening its box office to a torrent of eager theater fans. That’s right: PPAC will sell single tickets to non-season subscribers. (We were all biting our nails over that one.) To avoid confusion — and pandemonium — the theater created a handy “best practices” sheet for potential buyers. Here are the biggest takeaways:
- Tickets go on sale at on June 8 at 8 a.m. on the dot
- Hamilton tickets may be purchased in person at the box office or online. No phone sales permitted.
- Tickets range from $83 to $188 with some $298 premium seats available; tack on an additional $3 per ticket restoration charge.
IN-PERSON TICKETS, PPAC Box Office, 220 Weybosset St., Providence
- Sorry, tailgaters: You can’t camp out in front of PPAC.
- From 6 a.m. to 7:30 a.m. on June 8, the theater will pass out wristbands to those waiting in front of the theater.
- The wristband doesn’t guarantee a ticket, only a place somewhere in the line.
- Also worth noting: The wristband/sales system operates randomly, so just because you show up first doesn’t mean you’re getting the choicest seats. (And there WILL BE that one guy who shows up at 7:25 but gets an early place in line; save your scowls for Aaron Burr.)
- Speaking of choicest seats: The system will select the best-available seats in your price point; you won’t get to choose your exact spot unless you have accessibility issues.
- Bring a valid photo ID and credit card; you much be sixteen or older to purchase.
- The randomized wristbands are not transferable.
- Tickets are limited to four per wristband and will be printed at the time of purchase.
ONLINE TICKETS, ppacri.org
- Log onto ppacri.org beginning at 7 a.m.
- You’ll be automatically placed in an online waiting room, where you’ll be informed of your estimated wait time.
- Prepare ahead of time with your top three performance dates/price levels.
- You won’t be able to choose your exact seat.
- You can purchase up to four tickets at a time.
- You’ll have eight minutes to enter your credit card information into the system.
$10 LOTTERY SALES
- PPAC has announced that there will be a lottery of forty $10 seats for all performances. Check back closer to the show for more details.
Good luck, theater buffs!