Rhode Island Monthly DMCA Policy
Rhode Island Monthly Communications, Inc. (“Rhode Island Monthly”) respects intellectual property rights and expects others to do the same. If you are the owner of copyright protected content which appears on the Rhode Island Monthly website and you did not authorize its use, you must notify Rhode Island Monthly in writing in order for us to identify the infringing content and take action.
Please note that if you fail to provide all of the following or otherwise comply with the requirements of 17 USC § 512(c)(3), your request may not be valid. Your written notice must:
- Describe the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed.
- Identify the material or link you claim infringes upon your copyright and to which access is to be disabled, including at a minimum, if applicable, the URL of the link or exact location where the material may be found.
- Provide your name, address, telephone number, and, if available, email address.
- Include both of the following statements in the body of the notice:
- “I hereby state that I have a good faith belief that the disputed use of the copyrighted material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law (e.g., as a fair use).”
- “I hereby state that the information in this Notice is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that I am the owner, or authorized to act on behalf of, the owner, of the copyright or of an exclusive right under the copyright that is allegedly infringed.”
- Provide your full legal name and your electronic or physical signature.
Once complete, deliver your notice to: email@example.com or Copyright Agent, Rhode Island Monthly Communications, Inc., 560 Mineral Spring Avenue, Unit 100 B, Pawtucket, RI 02860.
Please also note that under 17 U.S.C. 512(f), any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that content is infringing may be subject to liability.