Visit the Seekonk Flea Market this Sunday
Vintage flea finds for your home, plus exercise you’ll actually enjoy.
Every Sunday morning throughout the spring and summer, the Seekonk Speedway is host to the ever-growing Seekonk Flea Market. Hundreds of people stroll the grounds looking for vintage, one-of-a-kind items for their home, while perusing among the rows of vendors who display their quirky items for sale. From old glassware and paintings to Craftsman tools and everything else in between, it’s hard to leave the flea empty handed.
The best part? While looking for fun finds, you can soak in the warm weather and fresh air, but also get some steps in. While at the flea market last Sunday, my health app on my phone clocked around 3,000 steps and almost a mile-and-a-half for the hour I was there. Not only did I find some great pieces for my own home, (and some Benny’s memorabilia too!), I was also getting exercise in without even realizing it – sounds like a win-win to me!
Tips for your visit:
- The Seekonk Flea Market costs $1. Plus, vendors only take cash, so stop at the ATM in advance.
- Wear good walking shoes for getting your steps in.
- Go with a clear mind and be open to what you might find. Or, if you are looking for a specific item, take your time and ask vendors if they have what you are looking for.
- Bring a small rolling cart if you plan on purchasing several items or things that may be too heavy or large to carry. Otherwise, reusable bags work just fine!
- Get there early for the best finds before they are picked over. Plus, it can get hot in the dead of summer, so beat the heat.
- Once Del’s Lemonade opens for the season, a truck is parked on site to quench your thirst.
Open every Sunday, Seekonk Speedway, 1782 Fall River Ave., Seekonk, MA., seekonkfleamarket.com