You have been honored with a professional Excellence Award for being a top real estate agent in our area.
Professional Excellence in Real Estate is an awards program that recognizes those individuals named among the leading professionals in the field. Honorees are chosen based on several criteria ranging from home sales, peer reviews, feedback from professionals in related fields, professional standing, home sales, home buyers & sellers’ input and other data collected by a leading third-party survey company.
As an honoree, your name will be featured in a special section in the April 2023 issue of Rhode Island Monthly highlighting the awards, which will reach more than 175,000 potential clients.
Enclosed you will find information on how you may further showcase why you were named top in your field.
To create the list, we contracted DataJoe Research to facilitate a multifaceted research campaign. Datajoe conducted a research effort comprising of a.) an online survey delivered directly to real estate professionals including real estate agents, mortgage professionals, and title insurers, b.) a survey delivered to consumers (recent homebuyers and readers), c.) direct outreach to local real estate firms and d.) Internet research.
DataJoe starts with information obtained from primary government sources, and then expands on this information using the surveys and the Internet research campaign. Real estate agents were asked to provide sales volume, and also had the option to nominate their peers. Mortgage and title professionals, as well as consumers, were asked to nominate. In the end, DataJoe’s scoring algorithm factored in all of the following to yield the list of real estate agents being recognized. DataJoe acknowledges that not every top performer in the region made the list.
DataJoe checked and confirmed that each published winner had, at time of review, a current, active license status with the appropriate state regulatory board. If they were not able to find evidence of a real estate agent’s current, active registration with the state regulatory board, that real estate agent was excluded from the list. Finally, DataJoe presented the tallied result to the magazine for its final review.
Final note. We recognize that there are many good real estate agents who are not shown in this representative list. This is only a sampling of the huge array of talented professionals within the region. Inclusion in the list is based on our research campaign and the opinions of responding professionals in the region. We certainly do not discount the fact that many, many good and effective real estate agents may not appear on the list.
Disclaimers. DataJoe uses best practices and exercises great care in assembling content for this list. DataJoe does not warrant that the data contained within the list are complete or accurate. DataJoe does not assume, and hereby disclaims, any liability to any person for any loss or damage caused by errors or omissions herein whether such errors or omissions result from negligence, accident, or any other cause. All rights reserved. No commercial use of the information in this list may be made without written permission from DataJoe.
How does the Top Realtors campaign work?
Our multi-phase, multi-channel approach helps us identify many top realtors in the market.
- We establish a market benchmark for top achieving realtors in the market. For this list, the benchmark was $6 million sales volume in 2021 for individuals, and $12 million sales volume in 2021 for teams.
- We reach out by email and phone to major firms in the area, asking them to provide rosters of their agents with total sales volume for the most recently closed full calendar year.
- We reach out to our massive email database of Realtors in the area, asking them to nominate their peers and make their managing brokers/office managers/marketing directors aware that they need to submit rosters for their firm.
- We reach out to consumers in the market, asking them to give us feedback about realtors in the market who gave them a positive experience.
- From there, the winners list consists of a.) all realtors who generated over $6 million in sales volume in 2021 that were submitted by their firms, and b.) for firms that did not participate, then all top performers we were able to discover through Internet research/media check, and our various nomination campaigns.
Finally, we submit the list to the magazine’s staff for their review and changes. Realtors can not pay to be on the list. The only way to make the list is to provide demonstrated sales volume that meets our standards, or to be discovered by our other campaigns intended to yield additional winners.
Why am I not on the list?
To be automatically eligible for the list, you must have sold $6 million in total volume for 2021 as an individual, or $12 million in total volume for 2021 as a team. You must also reside and do business in Rhode Island. There are a small number of realtors who made the list on the strength of other factors, such as consumer nomination, peer nomination, and Internet research / media analysis. If you didn’t make the list, it’s generally because a.) your firm declined to participate, or b.) you generated less than $6 million in sales volume in 2021 or $12 million in sales volume as a team.
I met the benchmark. Can I still get on the list?
You would need to take the following steps if you want to still be considered for the list.
- Get an MLS download showing your total 2021 sales volume was greater than $6 million as an individual or $12 million as a team.
- This report must show your full name.
- This report must show your total sales volume as a single sum. Any submissions requiring us to add up transactions will be discarded.
- Send the MLS download as an attachment to email@example.com.
- Make sure to cc Kieran Keating in your submission firstname.lastname@example.org.
I see someone on the list that did not make the benchmark. Why is he/she on the list?
To be automatically eligible for the list, you must have sold $6 million in total volume for 2021 as an individual, or $12 million in total volume for 2021 as a team. There are a small number of realtors who made the list on the strength of other factors, such as consumer nomination, peer nomination, and Internet research / media analysis.
Why didn’t I receive a ballot?
Our database is massive, but not comprehensive. If you did not receive a ballot, then please send us the names, addresses, and email addresses for yourself and any other Realtors in your practice that did not receive ballots.
How do I make sure my Realtors are considered?
Make sure all of the following bases are covered:
- Send us a roster at email@example.com with the names of all your affiliated realtors and their total sales volume for the prior completed calendar year. Send this during the eligible campaign period.
- Send us names, addresses, and email addresses for yourself and Realtors in your practice. Send this information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Send us the information for your marketing director or office manager (whoever is responsible for internal communications). Let us know his/her name, title, phone, and email so that we can reach out to them to distribute the ballot URL.
- Create an internal plan to reach out to your Realtors through multiple channels (email, social, print-outs) with reminders as appropriate.
I was on the list last year, why not this year?
It’s not easy to make the list — much less stay there. Even the best and most reputable Realtors have gaps between years of winning. Since we conduct a complete research campaign, starting from scratch to collect new metrics every year, Realtors from previous years are not guaranteed to make the list in the current year. It all depends on the sales volume, that year’s benchmark, and other minor metrics such as peer/consumer nomination and media check.
As a 2023 Professional Excellence in the field of real estate honoree, you will be listed in a special section highlighting the awards in the April 2023 issue of Rhode Island Monthly, which boasts a readership of 175,000 readers per month.
In addition to being featured in the issue, Rhode Island Monthly is offering several opportunities to maximize your win including profiles, plaques and digital marketing tools.
To maximize your win, Rhode Island Monthly is offering the opportunity for winners to purchase profile space in the same issue to further showcase why you have been named top in your field.
Rhode Island Monthly offers the perfect audience for marketing your services.
Rhode Island Monthly subscribers are:
- Professional (72% hold professional/managerial positions)
- Educated (71% college graduated)
- Affluent (average household income is $210,000)
- Women (62%)
Readership: 175,000 readers per month
These four-color, formatted profiles consist of half and full-pages, for which we provide professional photography of the real estate agent. Third, sixth and block sized profiles are also offered where the real estate agent would supply the photo. Profile text can include information about the agent’s background, professional affiliations, areas of focus, and more. Writing assistance is available if needed. See word count below.
Formatted Ad Sizes
- Full-page profile includes professional photo of the real estate agent or team, agency logo and 350 words of text
- Half-page profile includes professional photo of the real estate agent or team, agency logo and 200 words of text
- Third-page profile includes headshot provided by the real estate agent or team, agency logo and 100 words of text
- Eighth-page profile includes headshot provided by the real estate agent, agency logo and up to 24 words; bullet points recommended
- Enhanced Listing profile includes headshot provided by the real estate agent, up to 15 words and contact information
For rate information, you may contact your Rhode Island Monthly marketing consultant or Kieran Keating, associate publisher/sales at 401-649-4888 or email@example.com. Non-profile, general display advertising is also available.
Copy: Design layout included in profile fee. All copy should be emailed to your Rhode Island Monthly marketing consultant or to firstname.lastname@example.org in a Word document by February 8, 2023. The text may be edited to ensure overall consistency, but you will get to see/approve any changes made. Writing assistance available upon request at no charge.
Photography: If your package includes photography, a photographer will call to set up your shoot. Please note that all shoots must occur before February 8, 2023. All photography taken by our photographers can be used only in Rhode Island Monthly Communications, Inc. publications, unless the image(s) have been purchased separately from the photographer.
Ad close: February 3, 2023
Materials due: February 8, 2023
Newsstand date: March 27, 2023
Honorees who purchase third, half or full page profiles will be able to purchase additional color prints of their profile as an additional resource to promote their business.
500 copies = $225 (includes shipping)
1,000 copies = $325 (includes shipping)
Those recognized with a Professional Excellence Award in the field of real estate have permission to use our official award program logos to use on their website and marketing materials.
Rhode Island Monthly is offering an attention-grabbing plaque that spotlights you as an award honoree who is part of an elite and exclusive group of professionals.
- Black mahogany plaque with modern design
- Available in two sizes (8.5×13 and 11×17)
- Customizable name and company name fields
How to Use
- Hang on the wall in your home office, professional office, lobby, conference room etc.
- Use the plaque as a reference to the awards program when speaking with clients and prospects
Please click the link below to browse and purchase your plaque.
Rhode Island Monthly is also offering window decals that spotlight you as an award honoree who is recognized as top in their field.
- Modern design
- Available in two sizes (10×14 and 6×8.75)
- Customizable name and company name fields
How to Use
- Place on your car window, door or window to office etc.
- Use the decal as a reference to the awards program when working on the go or when welcoming clients or prospects to your office
Please click the link below to browse and purchase your window decal.