Rhode Island Monthly Marketing/Events Internship
The Marketing Intern reports directly to the Marketing and Events Manager. They will work on a variety of projects to support the marketing, circulation and sales departments. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: monthly media promotion, data entry, database management, project management (including the web) and internet research. The Marketing Intern plays an important role in the planning and execution of special events such as the Design Awards and Tech10 Awards, and in the marketing and promotion of special publications like Rhode Island Monthly’s bridal and home publications.
• Currently enrolled in (or a recent graduate of) an undergraduate degree program with a focus in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations or Event Management
• Previous or current classes focused on marketing, public relations, events digital marketing strategies
• Familiarity with social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Linked In and Pinterest.
• Experience organizing and working events strongly desired.
• Highly organized and able to manage their own time effectively
• Strong work ethic and positive attitude
• Detailed oriented with ability to multi-task
• Impeccable spelling and proofreading abilities
• Able to work as part of a team in a fast-paced environment and communicate ideas
• Able to set and adhere to strict deadlines.
If interested, please provide the following the Vanessa Brown, Marketing and Events Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Cover Letter
• Links to any relevant projects
This internship is unpaid but available for college credit. Interns are required to work at least 12-15 hours per week or as needed to fulfill their university’s credit and curriculum requirements. Scheduling is flexible, but intern must be able to travel to Providence and other parts of the state as needed.