Rhode Island Monthly Digital Internship
In order to support the company’s print endeavors, we are hoping to expand our presence further through social media and other digital strategies. We are looking for a creative, digitally-minded individual who would be willing to help us succeed in our goal to increase traffic to RIMonthly.com. This person would work closely with the Marketing and Social Media Coordinator in assisting with the creation and implementation of the digital marketing strategy and tactics for the Rhode Island Monthly brand.
• Currently enrolled in (or a recent graduate of) an undergraduate degree program with a focus in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations or Social Media
• Previous or current classes focused on social media and digital marketing strategies
• Strong familiarity with social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Linked In and Pinterest.
• Familiarity with Hootsuite and Mailchimp desired
• Knowledge of SEO a plus
• Adobe InDesign and Photoshop skills a plus
• Highly organized and able to manage their own time effectively
• Strong work ethic and positive attitude
• Detailed oriented with ability to multi-task
• Impeccable spelling and proofreading abilities
• Able to work as part of a team in a fast-paced environment and communicate ideas
• Able to set and adhere to strict deadlines.
• Build and schedule email campaigns in support of the marketing and sales departments
• Develop and schedule content for social media to promote Rhode Island Monthly articles, blogs, contests and sales promotions
• Assist in tracking analytics including monitoring trends and providing feedback to the marketing and sales departments
• Provide video and social media support at events
• Assist in SEO strategy and efforts
• Working closely with management to create digital campaigns in line with marketing objectives.
• Performing additional duties, as directed.
If interested, please provide the following the Samantha Eckel, marketing manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Cover Letter
• Links to any relevant projects
This internship is unpaid but available for college credit. Interns are required to work at least 10-15 hours per week or as needed to fulfill their university’s credit and curriculum requirements. Scheduling is flexible, but intern must be able to travel to Providence and other parts of the state as needed.