Things To Do in December
Discover the best things to do in Rhode Island this month, including family-friendly activities, festivals, performances, food events and shows. Here are our top picks:
- Plan on seven days of fun with our Five Can’t-Miss Events This Week in Rhode Island.
- All aboard! We rode the Blackstone Valley Polar Express and, yes, it’s just as magical as you’d think. Read more here.
- Grown-ups: Pull on your cold-weather gear, call an Uber and embark on fun bar crawls in Newport, Warren and Providence, from our November Bar Guide. (Read the whole guide here.)
- Pick-your-own season might be over, but Appleland is still going strong! Visit our favorite cider doughnut spots and order a sampling of local hard cider at this orchard-to-glass outpost.
- Get your shopping done (and indulge in a little complimentary wine), plus other events in your December Bucket List.
- Santa Claus is coming to town. We’ve discovered 8 places to meet the Jolly Old Elf himself.
- The State House tree might be fake, but yours doesn’t have to be. Support local growers by choosing a Christmas tree from these local farms.