5 Ways to Keep Warm This Weekend
It's chilly outside, but we've got some ideas to have fun while keeping warm.
Celebrating Valentine’s Day is one way to keep warm this weekend, when daytime temps aren’t expected to top twenty degrees. If you’re looking to get your heart pumping in a different way (you can also make a date of these suggestions), here are some for how you can break a sweat or at least stay close to a source of heat.
1. Play co-ed dodgeball at a trampoline park. Sky Zone’s Tough Love event pits men against women for ninety minutes and also includes pizza and a drink for $17. Ages eighteen and older. 10 p.m.-midnight. Sky Zone, 70 Pawtucket Ave., East Providence, 401-383-6000, skyzone/providence.com
2. Lace up some ice skates. Head to public skating at Cranston Veterans Memorial Rink from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. $5 per person, plus $5 if you want to rent skates. Click here for other rinks around the state. Cranston Veterans Memorial Rink, 900 Phenix Ave., Cranston, 401-944-8690, cvmrink.com
3. Or some roller skates. Narragansett Ocean Club Family Skating Center and United Skates of America Family Fun Center host open skates and events. For more information, contact Ocean Club Family Skating Cetner at 360 South Pier Rd., Narragansett, 401-783-1711 and United Skates of America at 75 New Rd., East Providence, 401-438-9898.
4. Bake bread or make candles from scratch. Historic Coggeshall Farm hosts free workshops on bread making (11 a.m. on Saturday) and candle making using eighteenth-century molds. (noon-2 p.m. Saturday). Coggeshall Farm, 1 Colt Dr., Bristol, 401-253-9062, coggeshallfarm.org
5. Climb a rock wall. Rock Spot Climbing in Lincoln and South Kingstown both offer options for beginners. Lincoln location is open 10 a.m. to midnight, seven days a week. Rock Spot Climbing, 100 Higginson Ave., Lincoln, 401-727-1704; Adults, $16 for a day pass ($25 with gear), $12 for children six and under ($18 with gear). Rock Spot Climbing Peace Dale, 1174 Kingston Rd., South Kingstown, 401-789-7768, rockspotclimbing.com
And afterward, here are some options to warm up with some hot chocolate.