100 Family Fun Outings In and Around Rhode Island
It doesn't matter where you stay, there's a place to play in every part of the state.
Northern/Central Rhode Island
Note: This includes everywhere from Johnston to Providence to Warwick.
1. Get your hands on the interactive exhibits at the Providence Children’s Museum.
2. Ram into each other with the Bumper Cars at the Providence Rink.
3. See the capital city illuminated by WaterFire on a Saturday night.
4. Catch a flick (or two) from the comfort of your own car at the Rustic Tri-View Drive-In.
5. Learn to bat 1,000 with a Pawsox Youth Clinic at McCoy Stadium.
6. Ride the Swan Boats at Slater Memorial Park.
7. Enjoy a favorite film in the fresh Providence air with Movies on the Block.
11. Jump around at Sky Zone Trampoline Park.
12. Play catch at Goddard Memorial State Park.
13. Climb the equipment at the Impossible Dream Playground.
14. Pick blueberries at Harmony Farms.
15. Knock down some duck pins at Legion Bowl and Billiards.
16. A Wafflewich at Waffle.
17. A BBQ Pork or a classic grilled cheese at UMelt.
18. Popcorn chicken at Wara Wara.
19. A Mac and Cheese Burger at Luxe Burger Bar.
20. A slice of strawberry shortcake from Wright’s Dairy Farm and Bakery.
21. Mini pulled pork sliders at the Thirsty Beaver.
22. Fish Fingers and fries at Chelo’s on the Water.
23. Sweet Potato Pizza from the Tree House Tavern and Bistro.
24. A hot dog from Wurst Kitchen.
25. A doughboy from Iggy’s Doughboys and Chowder House.
Eastern Rhode Island
Note: This includes everywhere from Jamestown to Newport to Bristol.
26. Set sail on Narragansett Bay with Sail Newport.
27. Learn how the other half lived at the Newport Mansions.
28. Look out for some beautiful architecture on Save the Bay’s Lighthouse Tour.
29. Surf the waves and ride the carousel at Easton’s (First) Beach.
30. Admire the “wildlife” at Green Animals Topiary Garden.
31. Fly a kite at Brenton Point State Park.
32. Win some awesome prizes at the Ryan Amusements Arcade.
33. Get a taste of eighteenth century farm life at Coggeshall Farm.
34. Appreciate the natural beauty of the topiary gardens at Blithewold.
35. Take a bike ride on the East Bay Bike Path.
36. Investigate the tide pools at Beavertail State Park.
37. Fill your baskets with strawberries or raspberries from Sweet Berry Farm.
38. Test your commentator abilities and “Call the Match” at the International Tennis Hall of Fame.
39. Visit the Audrain Auto Museum.
40. Hit the local horse trails with Newport Equestrian Center.
41. Bacon and brown sugar pancakes at the Beehive Cafe.
42. A jelly doughnut from Ma’s Donuts and More.
43. A Firecracker! fried chicken sandwich at the Atlantic Grille.
44. A slice of Parrot Pizza at the Red Parrot.
45. Tater tots at the Wharf Pub.
46. Snickerdoodles from the Cookie Jar.
47. Cinnamon raisin French toast from the Barn.
48. BBQ wings at Becky’s BBQ.
49. Lasagna at Ida’s Restaurant.
50. A Mocha Dream shake from the Blue Plate Diner.
Southern Rhode Island
Note: This includes everywhere from East Greenwich to Narragansett to Westerly.
51. Build a sand castle at Salty Brine Beach.
52. Shop while surrounded by emus at the Fantastic Umbrella Factory.
53. Help feed the aquatic residents of the Biomes Marine Biology Center.
54. Catch a weekend showing of Shakespeare in the Park at Wilcox Park.
55. Fly down the giant water slides at Water Wizz in Westerly.
56. Take a whirl on the Flying Horse Carousel.
57. Play a round of mini golf and take a swing in the batting cages at Adventureland.
58. Go fishing at Ninigret Pond.
59. Reach for the stars at the Frosty Drew Observatory and Sky Theatre.
60. Paddle up Narrow River with Narrow River Kayaks.
61. Learn to hang ten with surfing lessons from Warm Winds.
62. Catch the Block Island Ferry.
63. Witness a show-stopping performance at Theatre by the Sea.
64. Dive into the refreshing pools at Yawgoo Valley Water Park.
65. Escape the game at the RI Riddle Room.
68. A slice of Death by Chocolate Cake at Gregg’s.
69. Rancho Nachos at the Mews Tavern.
70. Chicken and waffles at Dante’s Kitchen.
71. A fresh apple pie from Schartner Farms.
72. A slice of Hawaiian pizza from the Bike Stop Cafe.
73. Clam strips at Two Little Fish.
74. A gourmet pretzel from the Malted Barley.
75. A homemade waffle cone and scoop from Brickley’s Ice Cream.
Just Across the Border
Note: This includes everywhere from southeastern Massachusetts to eastern Connecticut.
76. Compete against friends and family at Seekonk Grand Prix.
77.Plunge into summer at Mystic Aquarium.
78. Peruse the New Bedford Whaling Museum and discover the impact it had on the local community.
79. Check out the local art scene in New London at Hygienic Art.
80. Get spooked at the Lizzie Borden Bed and Breakfast Museum.
81. Catch up on your summer reading or go to a book signing at An Unlikely Story Bookstore and Cafe.
82. Go wild in Attleboro at the Capron Park Zoo.
83. Walk along the hiking trails at Bluff Point State Park.
84. Zip through the sky at TreeTop Adventures Canton.
85. Honor our veterans at the Massachusetts Vietnam Veterans Memorial.
86. Shop at the Portugalia Marketplace for any type of ingredients you may need to make your favorite Portuguese dishes.
87. Learn more about New England’s favorite team, the Patriots, through the interactive exhibits at the Hall at Patriot’s Place.
88. Explore several boutiques at the Compton Collective.
89. Go for a picnic or ride a slide at Breezy Picnic Grounds and Waterslides.
90. Visit the largest collection of printed materials through 1876 at the American Antiquarian Society.
91. Fresh banana peanut butter pancakes at Sweetie’s Bakery and Cafe.
92. Fettuccine Alfredo at Paul’s Pasta Shop.
93. Maple fried dough from the Flying Rhino Cafe and Watering Hole.
94. A brisket Rueben at Smoke Stack Urban Barbequ.
95. Deep fried corn on the cob from Boneheads Live.
96. Fish tacos at Johnny’s Clam Shack.
97. S’mores nachos at the Black Dog Bar and Grille.
98. A warm fig, apple and ricotta flatbread from Ciro’s Tavern.
99. Biscuits and sausage gravy at KC’s Classic Burger Bar.
100. A buttermilk fried chicken sandwich from Engine Roo.