19 Spots to Celebrate Mom on Mother's Day
These local restaurants are hosting special Mother's Day brunches and/or dinners for Sunday, May 8.
Mother’s Day is Sunday, May 8. To help you and your family celebrate the day, we’ve rounded up a fine selection of brunches and dinners, which will make mom feel special all day long. Be sure to book your reservations as soon as possible to avoid missing out.
1. Castle Hill Inn is hosting an elegant and upscale Mother’s Day Buffet that costs $82 per person and $28 for children younger than twelve. You will enjoy your choice of a starter, such as the chilled shrimp and oysters with mignonette, followed by a fine selection of main dishes, including sweet potato French toast and Statler chicken cordon bleu, with sides of grilled marinated vegetables and roasted baby potatoes. Wrap up the experience at the dessert table, featuring favorites such as mixed berries with whipped honey-mascarpone, carrot cake, chocolate mocha torte, lemon poppyseed cheesecake and miniature banana cream pies. For a complete look at the menu, click here. Choose to pair your meal with pours from the award-winning wine list. To make a reservation, call 401-849-3800. 590 Ocean Dr., Newport, castlehillinn.com
2. Cook and Brown has extended brunch hours for Mother’s Day from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. There will be a special menu for the occasion and the restaurant is taking reservations for parties of six or more. To make a reservation, call 401-273-7275. 959 Hope St., Providence, cookandbrown.com
3. Floral arrangements will decorate the dining room at DeWolf Tavern for a flower show, Friday through Sunday, courtesy of the Bristol and Bayberry Garden Clubs and other local florists. On Sunday, mom will also enjoy a fine selection of brunch menu items from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., such as lobster Benedict, waffles and crepes. Dinner will be served from 4 to 9 p.m., and the floral design awards reception takes place from 4 to 6 p.m. View the complete a la carte brunch menu by clicking here. To make a reservation, call 401-254-2005. 295 Thames St., Bristol, dewolftavern.com
4. The Duck and Bunny is pouring cranberry mimosas and prosecco along with serving its Mother's Day pre-fixe brunch from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tickets cost $30 per person and mom will be able to pick and choose her drink, appetizer, entree and a maxi cupcake for dessert. Start off the day with a blueberry lemon scone, and for a healthier twist, the vegan pancakes, which come piled high with applesauce, oats and vanilla drizzled with real maple syrup. To view the complete menu, click here. To make a reservation for parties of four or more, call 401-270-3300. 312 Wickenden St., Providence, theduckandbunny.com
5. Easy Entertaining is hosting a pre-fixe Mother’s Day brunch for $29 per person, which includes a welcome pastry basket for each table, a non-alcoholic beverage per guest and a choice of one entree per guest. There are four seatings available, including 11 a.m., 11:15 a.m., 1 p.m. and 1:15 p.m. Options include chicken ‘n’ waffles, brisket Benedict, fried banana bread French toast and more. See the complete menu. To make a reservation, call 401-437-6090. 166 Valley St., Building 10, Providence, easyentertainingri.com
6. You can celebrate mom all weekend long at Garde de la Mer at the Providence G, as it offers a la carte brunch and dinner menus with featured specials on May 8. From 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., guests can enjoy fresh brunch favorites such as Yellowtail tuna crudo accompanied by a bellini. Dinner begins at 5 p.m. and includes choices like Mediterranean sea bass, Long Island duck breast and razor clam crudo topped with Osetra caviar. To make a reservation, call 401-632-4799. 86 Dorrance St., Providence, gardedelamer.com
7. George’s of Galilee will be serving brunch from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Indulge in favorites such as smoked salmon with chervil-lemon cream crostini; a radicchio, kale, pear, blueberry and almond salad; imported cheese and crackers, Mediterranean olives and a charcuterie board; and slow-roasted prime rib with horseradish sauce. If you still have room for more, the buffet has endless options, including apricot basil chicken with orzo and peas and sweet onion and cheddar pierogi with brown butter. For the complete menu, click here. Tickets cost $31 for adults and $12.99 for children younger than ten. To make a reservation, call 401-783-2306. 250 Sand Hill Cove Rd., Port of Galilee, georgesofgalilee.com
8. For the Mother’s Day Tea at the Governor Henry Lippitt House Museum, enjoy sweet and savory delights created by executive chef Edison L. Colon Torres of Delsie Catering and Events, a signature cocktail and freshly brewed loose leaf teas from around the world. While you dine, you will also soak up the sounds of a jazz quartet led by James Scott Chowning. Tickets are available for seatings at 12:30 p.m. and 4 p.m. for $49.52 per person. Book reservations online. Governor Henry Lippitt House Museum, 199 Hope St., Providence, eventbrite.com
9. Gracie's believes sweets should involve more than just one final course, so the restaurant is offering a three-course dessert tasting and cocktail (or mocktail) pairing, inspired by flowers and the pastry chefs' mothers. The special is available from May 1 to May 8. The desserts include hibiscus Japanese cheesecake with coconut white chocolate praline and pineapple-kaffir ice cream; a lime meringue tart with jasmine tea shortbread, apricot jam, candied walnuts and preserved blueberry ice cream; and chocolate almond torte with hazelnut caramel, orange blossom Bavarian and anise Spritz, each paired with a special cocktail or mocktail. To make a reservation, book online or call 401-272-7811. 194 Washington St., Providence, graciesprov.com.
10. Bring mom to Local 121 for a special Mother’s Day brunch menu from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Executive chef Tyler Demora has created a special pre-fixe menu, showcasing the beginning of spring's seasonal ingredients including morel mushrooms, asparagus, English peas and spinach. Enjoy choices like brioche French toast or a Sunset Farm brunch burger. Dinner will also be served from 5 to 9 p.m. To make a reservation, call 401-274-2121. 121 Washington St., Providence, local121.com
11. Mill’s Tavern is hosting Mother’s Day from noon to 7 p.m. with a la carte menu choices like ginger beer-battered soft shell crab, wild Alaskan salmon Florentine and beignets with pistachio butter. Browse the complete menu. To make a reservation, call 401-272-3331. 101 North Main St., Providence, millstavernrestaurant.com
12. “Honor Thy Mother,” at Pot au Feu for Mother’s Day. Mom can enjoy brunch or dinner. The dinner will take place Saturday, May 7 at 7:30 p.m., featuring a dinner and performance by Jac and Co − Jacques and Corinne. The three-course meal will be served along with an aperitif and lots of wine. The Sunday jazz brunch kicks off at noon with a French-inspired three-course meal, featuring crepes, buttery croissants and a special cocktail. Music from the French Alps and a glass of sangria will make mom happy. Dinner tickets and brunch tickets cost $65 per person (for one to three tickets), $60 per person (for four or more tickets) and $45 for guests younger than twenty-one. To make a reservation, call 401-441-2345. 44 Custom House St., Providence, 401-441-2345, potaufeu.businesscatalyst.com
13. If you are looking to have mom try something new, take her for Indian fare. All weekend long, Rasa will be hosting a Mother’s Day Thali for $21.99 per person, which comes with some of the best Indian dishes, including eggplant chaat, hara paneer masala, walnut chicken kofta, tindora piroyal, duck masala, lotus root tadka, dal rice pulao, naan and coconut pudding. To make a reservation, call 401-398-2822. 149 Main St., East Greenwich, indianrestaurantsri.com
14. Red Stripe restaurants in Providence and East Greenwich are hosting Mother’s Day brunches from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. and dinners from 3 to 10 p.m. A la carte choices include lobster Benedict, assorted quiche and surf and turf. Reservations are necessary. 465 Angell St., Providence, 401-437-6950; 455 Main St., East Greenwich, 401-398-2900, redstriperestaurants.com
15. Sardella’s Ristorante Italiano in Newport is serving Mother’s Day Brunch from 11:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. It involves a seated a la carte brunch menu with selections including lobster bisque, jumbo lump crab cake, insalata Nizzarda (salade nicoise), vegetable frittata, Rhode Island coffee milk French toast, filet and eggs, Benedict di proscuitto, frutti di mare, swordfish piccata, tiramisu and New York-style Cheesecake. Wine selections for pairing from Italy, California, France and New Zealand will also be offered. To make a reservation, call 401-849-6312. 30 Memorial Blvd. W, Newport, sardellas.com
16. Take mom to Little Italy for the day at Via Roma on Federal Hill. There are two seatings at 12:30 p.m. and 4:30 p.m. The cost is $29.95 for adults and $14.95 for children ages five to ten for a meal that includes salad, pasta, choice of entree, dessert and coffee. Live entertainment will be playing as you dive into favorites such as Roma’s chicken parmigiana and tiramisu. For a look at the complete menu, click here. To make a reservation, call 401-331-5000. 308 Atwells Ave., Providence, theromaprov.com
17. Waterman Grille has planned a brunch filled with fresh fruit and multiple stations aimed to please any palate. Omelets made with farm fresh eggs, fall-off-the-bone prime rib, hearty baked penne and smoked salmon are just some of what will be served from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. The cost is $39.95 for adults and $17.95 for children younger than twelve; children younger than two are free. The entire menu can be found here. To make a reservation, call 401-521-9229. 4 Richmond Sq., Providence, watermangrille.com
18. Wright’s Farm Restaurant in Burrillville is celebrating Mother’s Day with its famous family-style chicken dinners from 11:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. The iconic Rhode Island restaurant has been operating for more than forty-four years as a gathering spot for generations of families to come together and enjoy homemade meals. Reservations are recommended for parties of all sizes. Chicken dinners include unlimited platters of chicken and all side dishes for $12.75 per adult and $7.25 for children ages ten and younger; a steak dinner includes one fourteen-ounce sirloin steak and unlimited sides for $22. To make a reservation, call 401-769-2856. 84 Inman Rd., Burrillville, wrightsfarm.com
19. Before taking mom out for the day, head to the brunch buffet from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Mirbeau Inn and Spa at the Pinehills. She will enjoy an array of choices from land and sea prepared by chef Stephen Coe. All mom needs to bring is her appetite for appetizers, main courses and desserts. Did someone say Mirabeau’s famous chocolates? To make a reservation, call 877-MIRBEAU. The cost is $48 for adults and $15 for children ages six to twelve. Children younger than five are free. To make a reservation, call 877-647-2328. 35 Landmark Dr., Plymouth, mirbeau.com.